Friday, October 30, 2009

DIY: Shoe Repair

My favorite pair of Steve Madden Mary-Janes broke a few months ago, and I was never able to find any other pair of shoes I liked as much as these. So... I fixed them, not only that, but with new and improved buttons!

This would probably be helpful for little-girl shoes too, they break like this, and they are not cheap! :)

All you need is:
Photobucket
Needle and Thread, a Small elastic hairband, (even smaller for little girl shoes), fancy buttons to your liking, and Moleskin, or anything similar.

B-Bye old buttons! (you can see how the elastic tore completely off.)
DIY shoes

Enter from the inside of the shoe, using a starter knot, At the location of the previously attached elastic.

Attach your chosen elastic band, finish with the finishing knot on the inside of the shoe. It looks silly right now, but the finished product is great.
Photobucket

Place the button in the button-hole, thread the starter knot through the elastic, and then thread through the button, sew around the elastic and through the button-hole 5-6 times, and finish with a finishing knot going THROUGH the elastic.
Photobucket

Done! Voila!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I also placed some Dr. Scholl's "For Her" tape over the knots so they don't rub.
Photobucket

Photobucket

My shoes have new life, and I've already worn them about 5 times, and they wear like a dream. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment