Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Down comes one, down comes all.

So... It's been an illness-filled couple of weeks at the Snow house. Lots of chicken-noodle, cough drops and Disney movies.  Germs have a mean domino-effect.  Knock one down, knock 'em all down.  So I was the first germ-domino.  Pneumonia.  My friend Kaitlin was SOOO very, very, kind  to make dinner for us, as I was out for the count, and Wes was busy with work and school. You rock, buddy!  A week of antibiotics later, I feel much better, and Wes and Robert weren't sick *hooray!* so I thought that their immune systems had successfully defeated the germs.  Unfortunately,  I celebrated too soon.  Those germs are sneaky little buggers, and I ended up with 2 very sick boys.  It was especially difficult because these particular germs are vindictive I guess, and just had to get us right as Brian and Niki and their two cute girls came to visit from Texas this last weekend.  Major bummer.  Robert seems to have just gotten  little cold, but Wes really took a hit.  I hope that Bear continues to ward this off. *Fingers crossed*

After 3 days of Wes getting one or two hours of sleep, (which does not help when you're trying to fight germs...) still trying to work and go to school, (Also, not helping..) while getting worse and worse, I finally forced him (Yep, forced, I threatened to call in for him if he didn't...) to take the day off and go to the doctor.  Wes just got back-- he has a really nasty ear-infection, pink-eye, and sinus infection, and is on 875 mg of Augmentin, which are giant white horse-pills, poor man.  (I did kind of laugh when I saw the giant bottle!)  We are hoping that the meds work quickly, so that we are able to spend some time with family this week. I am grateful that at least we didn't get sick at the exact same time, so that we could take turns taking care of each-other.  :)  And I'm praying we will get better soon!    

3 comments:

  1. Oh no!!! That's horrible! Let us know if we can do anything to help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh!! that sounds horrible. PINK EYE IS THE WOOORRSST. i always get it. so luckily he doesnt have make up he has to throw out everytime! hope you guys get back to feeling 100%!!! :) im so glad you're blogging again! you motivated me to do better at mine! love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA! So true about the makeup... ;) I'm glad you're blogging too, so I can feel like I know what's going on with my dear sister! And Kaitlin, you've already gone the extra mile! I hope you guys are feeling better too!

      Delete