Robert gave us quite the scare a couple of weeks ago. He got very, very sick, just with the regular cold symptoms, coughing, runny nose, etc. At 1:30 a.m. on memorial day, Robert woke me up with extreme wheezing and coughing, he was really struggling to breathe, when I took his temperature it was 105*. We tried to cool him off, and get cool air for him to breathe. While Wesley was holding him, his feet and hands went pale white, and he started trembling, We immediately took him into the St. Mark's Emergency Room. They gave him some steroids to help open his airways, which really, really helped, and gave him a dose of something I'm not sure what it was, but something in combination with Ibuprofen to try to get his fever down faster. Robert was a champ through it all, and when they gave him the breathalizer to also aid his breathing, he started sucking on it like it was the best treat ever. (Here's a picture of it)

Robert also became best friends with the X-ray technician, and was straining to see his new friend while he took the chest x-ray. At 4:00 a.m. his fever was down to 102* and his breathing had improved drastically. Robert is all better now, and we are so glad. :)
Wow, what a way to break you guys in, middle of the night hospital visits are never fun. I am so glad that it wasen't to serious and that he is feeling better. Can't wait to see you all soon.
ReplyDeleteThat is so scary! I hate fevers and not being able to breath! I'm glad things are better. Looks like we have another asthma child in the family. Hopefully if it happens again your doctor will get you a nebulizer and you can do treatments at home.
ReplyDelete